Chapter two, just drives home the power that we have available to us. A disciple knows that Christ likeness is the goal. What are the things we see our Lord doing in the Gospels? He knew His word, He kept a close relationship with His Father through prayer, and His Father sent the Holy Spirit to Him. We know this part from the testimony of John the Baptist, "I saw the Holy Spirit descending like a dove from Heaven and resting upon Him. I didnt know he was the one, but when God sent me to baptize with water, He told me,"The one on who you see the Spirit descend and rest is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit." I saw this happen to Jesus, so I testify that He is the Chosen One of God." Befor His ascension, Jesus promised His disciples "And now I will send the Holy Spirit just as my Father promised." Look at Acts chapter 2, His promise was fulfilled and the prophesy of Joel was preached by Peter, "In those days I will pour out my Spirit even on my servents-men and women alike."
My fellow disciples these are those days! Let the Spirit lead us in God's Word, if we beleave He will transform us into the likeness we are called to. Then we will see the things God has prepared for us and we can join in His work and be used with power from Heaven. We must be disciples our selves, this is submission, our own nature will struggle with this for sure. Confessing this struggle should remind us as well what we are asking our neighbor to do. We give ourselves up to be transformed, it is a struggle that the enemy pounds us with. Have mercy on your neighbor, he is under attack as well and may not have a clue about it.
Read chapter two carefully, I think it is the most important part of this book. Be edified by the statement on page 36. " The only witness that bears fruit is collabrative witness, directed by the Holy Spirit."
We will never make disciples with out being one. I think that is why we are in such a mess in North America and our churchs are loosing ground. We may be beleavers, saved by Grace but not disciples transformed into the likeness of Christ.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.