As Casey has asked us all to consider the definition of a disciple and respond back to him if we are all on the same page, I did that, e-mailing him my answer. He has asked me to share what I wrote back to him here. So here it is (plus a little more):
After having read the definition below, I am completely in agreement with what you're saying ... I, too, long for a time when there is NO ONE at CBC just "playing Christian" or "playing church" ... we cannot expect God to use us unless we, as individuals and community, are fully-committed to moving forward, toward Jesus and becoming like Him, which leads us to passionately desire to help others on their journey towards Him. And you're right, there is no "completed by" date on this ... not 'til we get to be in His presence in Heaven. I am praying for our CBC family that all will either be on board with this or be weeded out (which I know sounds harsh) but God was pretty clear when he said "take out the fakers" from among the believers because they cause distractions and tend to be self-focused rather than God-focused. So there are my $.02 worth :) Hopefully that's what you wanted from me :)
On a side note ... I know I owe you one more name of my "intentional relationship" list ... I have been excitedly working with Rebecca ... and even got the opportunity to pray with her yesterday ... see, God is SO cool that he has brought her son to Topeka (from Texas where he lived with his dad) as well brought him to be enrolled in Wanamaker Elementary as a 5th grader, BUT ALAS to be IN ELLIS' class AND unbeknownst to the teacher of this intentional relationship, now has her son sitting RIGHT NEXT to Ellis! How incredibly cool is that? She was SO worried about his first day at school yesterday and so I asked her if I could pray with her (to which she agreed) and so we prayed, right there on the spot ... :) I LOVE THAT!!! GOD is at WORK there!
So ... all that to say this ... I have been earnestly praying that God would lay on my heart the next one ... the next person that I can help on their journey ... and maybe that's not the right approach ... but I just haven't come to anyone yet. I have a lead of a non-believing mom of one of Carly's friends, but that has not been established and if it is established, that will be an "online" relationship most likely as they don't live here (I don't think). So ... am I taking the wrong approach with asking God to lead me to the second one? If so, how should I be praying? I'm excited that God would even use me at all ... I just want to be accountable and fulfill the request that you've given to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Please keep up the accountability sister, we need your blogging thoughts.
ReplyDelete